About us...

Hi there from windy....Oklahoma!!

I'm new to this "blog thing"! So you'll have to bear with me and give me a few tips along the way.


Saturday, May 15, 2010

I'm back!!

WOW...what a crazy few weeks its been.

First, life just got in the way with my blogging. The kids, their school, doctors appointments...LIFE! Then it was mother nature..tornando's which caused us to have no electricity. Then the electricity came back..praise the LORD..but still no interent. :(

One thing God showed me over the last few days without electric is that we take for granted the little things. Like the ability to walk into any room and "flip" a switch or "open" a box and have anything cold at our fingertips. It gets dark in your house when the sun goes down, life comes to a halt unless you have a flashlight. When the "things" are gone...tv's, computers, video games, phones, radios..there is only the "silent's" to invade your thoughts. In the those dark hours your mind begins to wander...am I living the life God wants me to?? Am I living more for the world or for Christ?? Am I raising my kids to understand Jesus and all that He has to offer?? REFLECTION...this would be the word that I would use to describe what God gave me this past week. A little bit of time to think, a forced "time-out" from the things of the world. So I recommend that everyone take a "time-out" of their own and do a little reflecting. Try a few days with no tv, phone or computer and see what happens. The time we have here on this earth is nothing compared to an eternity with Christ!!!

I didn't realize how much I used my computer until it was down. I will try and catch you all up on our crazy, but wonderful life. Thanks for stopping by!!

In Christ,
  Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Your words are so very true! We can all use a little (or a lot) of quiet time! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Ava
    PS - sure enjoyed getting your kitchen swap stuff together - mailed it Saturday! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete