About us...

Hi there from windy....Oklahoma!!

I'm new to this "blog thing"! So you'll have to bear with me and give me a few tips along the way.


Saturday, May 15, 2010

An answsered prayer.



I want to let you in on a little secret of mine. It's something kinda private that only a few people know.... you see my youngest daughter Ashlyn doesn't really talk. Ok..it's more like she babbles a little but no clear words are spoken. That's right..no mamma, dadda, bye-bye, dog, cup..nothing. She as no problem communicating what she wants, just with gestures and grunts. I took for granted the first words. All of my other children spoke either early or right on time..there was no question they all loved to use their words!!

Ashlyn on the other hand is a little different. She's never done things the "easy" way. But man on man does she just melt your heart when she smiles. I thank God everyday for blessing me with her, and I silently pray for those little words to come out of her tiny mouth..."mamma". I have longed for the day that she would look at me and call me "mamma". Sometimes I feel so selfish praying that she will talk. Is it wrong to want to hear those words?? I know she knows that I'm her mamma..I can't get out of her sight and she loves to be planted firmly on my hip!!

She started speech therapy about a month ago and we go now 2 x a week. And we've noticed some baby steps, which make me very hopefull!! We feel like a broken record at home because we repeat everything so much for her. She's about to be 17 mon. old...wow how the time as flown. I remember when I found out I was pregnant, it was such a shock. Then she was born and struggled to breathe and stay alive. Now she's a vibrant, bouncy little curly hair girl!! Oh how I love her so!! So yes, I still will selfishly pray to hear her call my name when she needs me, because I love her.

So there...my little secret is out and I'd love your prayers on the matter.

Children are such a blessing from God above....

Love,
    Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh she is so cute!! I am so glad you had her!! I can't wait to love on her and the others when you come home!!!And I will give my baby a big hug also!!! I love you mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I don't think it is selfish at all to pray for Ashlyn to say your name and to talk -by the way I LOVE her name - I'm a little partial to A names (since my name is Ava :) She is such a beautiful little girl. I will be praying too. My youngest grandson is just a few months older than Ashlyn - he's not talking that much, but some.
    I'm glad you're back online...
    blessins,
    Ava (my grandmother name is Abi, rhymes with Poppy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My younger sister did not speak a word until she was two, because I, being 3 years older, understood what she wanted and she never had to ask for anything! Drove my parents crazy!

    ReplyDelete