About us...

Hi there from windy....Oklahoma!!

I'm new to this "blog thing"! So you'll have to bear with me and give me a few tips along the way.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Memories..

This is the time of year that I use to love as a child. Growing up in South Tx. allowed for many, many pictures in the bluebonnets. (these are wildflowers for those who don't know) It always seemed that as long as we got enough rain the wildflowers would be thick and beautiful. I remember sitting in the suburban just staring out the window as the colors flew past me. If I squinted my eyes the flowers seem to blend into a beautiful array of colors. I use to imagen that this is what the world looked like to God...a big blur of color.

Anyway..living here in Oklahoma we don't seem to have the wildflowers in adbundance like we did back in Texas..so has you can imagen I was jumping for joy when I found a single red, Indian paitbrush in my pasture. It is the only wildflower I have so far. I keep waiting and wishing for more to pop up, but none have.

So today as I sat on the porch watching my children play for their outside time, my very sentimental daughter walked up to me and exclaimed.."momma, I was playing and saw something and it made me think of you." Oh really I said, and she went on to say, "yip so I wanted you to have it forever and when you look at it you'll remeber that I thought of you." Well, let me say right about now, I had no idea what she had behind her back so I was really curious what it was!! I said, "show me, I'm so excited to see what you found!" Out from behind my darling daughters back she pulled out the lone little red wildflower!!!!!  Many emotions surfaced for a fleeting moment, but I held them all in check and remembered that she had thought of me. She knew how much her momma loved wildflowers. So I pulled her close and gave her a huge hug. I love being thought of!!!

Wendy

Ps. Later when she and I were talking about the flower, she piped up with "When I was riding my 4 wheeler, I accidently ran over two more that had come up. So I decided that I better keep one of them safe so I brought it to you!"

So much for my dreams of a pasture full of wildflowers!!!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. I would of loved for ya'll to have been here this year for the flowers. I'm glad you have a flower girl also. I will get these pictures of the flowers made for you.

    Love Mama

    ReplyDelete